Saturday, March 27, 2010

Palm Sunday Meditation

I am compelled by an overwhelming sense of Majesty regarding the events of Palm Sunday (as it is called).

As it is introduced, it is valued by a human standard with human/worldly expectation. Over the next week, all of that will be shattered. It will be replaced by brutal disappointment, fear, sorrow, and so many other emotions that can't even be named.

....and then....

my King comes to break bread with me having done what I could not of my own ever do: paying for all my debts/sins wihtout me ever having to pay even a portion of it. In so doing this:

He Re-Orders forever what Majesty means....expressed through servanthood, sacrifice and humility......

.......I am so overwhelmed by this.

1 comment:

CTKgal said...

Yes. Yes. Breaking HIS bread.