Thursday, July 14, 2016

reality

What truly is real?
How can I trust what it is
now that I feel?
what has happened
what truth to be made known
so many questions
no where nearly enough answers

I seek n pray
asking for God to give some
advice
maybe that's the problem
looking for advice
like there are some options
always wanting to stay in control
is that my own
sense of reality
the illusion i can make it better

I've drifted far away
from time to time
found myself on a
stranger's shore
visiting for a bit
till my attention
He gets and
back to sea I roam

What is reality
that I may have a sense of the real
what is truth
what is it that will last
what is it that will last
When will it last

I keep circling round
asking of time and sense
what truly is real
what is left as illusion
could any of it be trusted
is it simply silky and slipping
the tighter the grip
the faster it slips,
slip slipping away

help me, please help me
pinch me if need be
let me know what is real
what is true
what is strong
what can't be moved
that I might stay
wandering no more
and not find myself
on a stranger's shore

No comments: